Q & A Community Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tower of Babel

Go down

Tower of Babel Empty Tower of Babel

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:27 am

4 Egyptian Hieroglyphs and Sumerian) Before 2250 BC and the Tower of Babel, according to Biblical mythology, the only language on the planet was Adamic. All of the other languages, including Egyptian and Sumerian, were created by the confusion of tongues. Therefore, it is devastating that we have found hundreds of examples of writing that date to a thousand years before the Tower of Babel. Egyptians writings are also powerful evidence against Biblical literalism. The first known Egyptians hieroglyphic inscription was the Narmer Palette which is a collection of writing that dates to 3200 BC. This existed 1,000 years before the Tower of Babel when the Egyptian language was supposedly created. The first examples of Sumerian Cuneiform date to 3300 BC. Obviously, two completely different languages existed long before the Tower of Babel “created” them all and neither of them was Adamic.
This question is very similar to other questions that we have looked at that are impacted by the presumption of the age of the world and, as a consequence, the dating for the Genesis flood and, in this case, the Tower of Babel. Again, we cannot forget that all questions related to any discussion of age most often come with an agenda; if the Biblical record can somehow be proven to be false, then any adherence to anything the Bible says if off the hook.
That said, most issues regarding Egyptian chronology are based on the assumptions of the dates of Egyptian pharaohs which, as has previously been pointed out, is skewed because many of the pharaohs actually ruled simultaneously in other parts of the country. This has a huge impact on the dating of anything connected with Egyptian civilization.
It is thought that the Tower of Babel may have occurred within 105-110 years after the Flood. Anything dated prior to the Flood, as we have pointed out, is in error because, apart from Noah and his family, nothing on the planet survived the Flood. Once past the Flood, mankind remained for the most part together, not spreading out to populate the entire planet. If we review the story of the Tower of Babel, the story actually begins with God’s command following the Flood: Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth—Genesis 9:1. However, man chose to do something different: Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth”—Genesis 11:1-4. God’s intention was always to have man scatter over the face of the earth, not remain together in one place. Their determination to counter His intentions came to full fruition at the Tower of Babel. To enforce His way, God placed man in a situation where he simply couldn’t remain together; by mixing their languages, leaving man unable to communicate with those around him, God’s intended scattering over the planet began to take place: The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth—Genesis 11:6-9. The Tower of Babel was always about mankind being determined to get his way, and God enforcing His way. God’s power effectively paralyzed man’s disobedience; he simply couldn’t continue on as he wanted. And the means He used—confusing man by implementing multiple languages—sealed the deal. Man simply had to move on. Contrary to the wishes of others, the Tower of Babel very easily fits in with both Biblical chronology and correctly understood and informed world chronology. As God Himself said so assuredly through the prophet Isaiah, By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked . . . I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please’—God speaking, Isaiah 45:23a, 46:10. And once His purpose of scattering mankind over the entire planet was achieved, civilization—including Sumerian and Egyptian—began to develop.

Admin
Admin

https://qnaforgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum