Q & A Community Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the “four horsemen” fallen angels?

Go down

Are the “four horsemen” fallen angels? Empty Are the “four horsemen” fallen angels?

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 am

NO—the four horsemen are not fallen angels. They are symbols of the first four seals in the sequence of judgment upon the earth; they are found in Revelation 6: I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!” When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth—Revelation 6:1-8. The first horseman is thought to represent the coming Antichrist; note that he rides as a conqueror, but also that there are no arrows in his bow. This suggests someone who conquers diplomatically versus militarily. Paul seems to support this notion in his first letter to the Thessalonians: Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape—Paul, I Thessalonians 5:1-3. The second horsemen represents war—something that, according to Christ, will be an ever-increasing feature of man’s presence on earth: You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:6-7a. The third horsemen symbolizes severe famine (an obvious outcome of unrestrained warfare), featuring food at incredibly inflated prices—a reality that will result in even more potential for conflict. Again, Jesus predicted this in his famous “Mount Olivet Discourse” of Matthew 24 and 25: There will be famines—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:7b. The fourth horsemen simply represents death—on a scale not seen before on the planet—up to a quarter of the world’s population (which would mean 1.825 billion people today). There even seems to be some sense that, in addition to death by war, famine and disease, that wild animals will also play a part in the death of this massive number of people—perhaps with the encroaching of man onto their habitats all around the world, that animals will be attacking people openly as their living spaces dwindle.

Admin
Admin

https://qnaforgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down