Q & A Community Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we go over the verses in Scripture that talk about all end-times events that haven’t happened yet.

Go down

Can we go over the verses in Scripture that talk about all end-times events that haven’t happened yet. Empty Can we go over the verses in Scripture that talk about all end-times events that haven’t happened yet.

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:44 am

KYLE—Can we go over the verses in Scripture that talk about all end-times events that haven’t happened yet. I would like at least a general overview.
There are two “wild cards” that make it impossible to understand all the timing involved when talking about the end times: (1) the timing of the Rapture, and (2) the length of time between the Rapture and the Antichrist’s signing of a peace treaty with Israel that will, according to most commentators, kick off the period of earth history known as the Tribulation. That being said, here is a general overview in chronological order of what most evangelical scholars think will happen:

Heavenly Activity:
1. Rapture of the church

Main Scriptures:
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am—Jesus Christ, John 14:1-3

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immorality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “DEATH HAS BEEN SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY.” “WHERE, O DEATH, IS YOUR VICTORY? WHERE, O DEATH, IS YOUR STING?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain—Paul, I Corinthians 15:51-58 (quoting Isaiah 25:8; Hosea 13:14)

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words—Paul, I Thessalonians 4:13-18

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this”—Revelation 4:1

Commentary:
Many Bible scholars believe the next great event will be the rapture of the church (meaning born-again believers). It is referred to by Paul as the “blessed hope” and is imminent; in other words, it could occur at any time. When the “last trumpet” sounds, Christians (first the dead in Christ, followed by those living at that moment) will be translated into their resurrection bodies; most scholars reckon this event to occur before the Tribulation. Christians, it is believed, will not need to endure the Tribulation because they are saved from the wrath of God; more than that, there is no mention of the church during the Tribulation.

Additional Scriptures:
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ—Paul, Titus 2:11-13

And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light—Paul, Romans 13:11-12

Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!—James 5:7-9

Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come—Paul, II Corinthians 5:1-5

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ—Paul, I Thessalonians 5:9

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth—Jesus Christ, speaking to the church at Philadelphia, Revelation 3:10

These are the words the Lord spoke concerning Israel and Judah: “This is what the Lord says: ‘Cries of fear are heard—terror, not peace. Ask and see: Can a man bear children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hand on his stomach like a woman in labor, every face turned deathly pale? How awful that day will be! None will be like it. It will be a time of trouble for Jacob, but he will be saved out of it. In that day,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘I will break the yoke off their necks and will tear off their bonds; no longer will foreigners enslave them. Instead, they will serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them. So do not fear, O Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, O Israel,’ declares the Lord. ‘I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security, and no one will make him afraid. I am with you and will save you,’ declares the Lord. ‘Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only with justice; I will not let you go entirely unpunished’—God speaking, Jeremiah 30:4-11

He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men and the holy people. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power. The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.” I, Daniel, was exhausted and lay ill for several days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was appalled by the vision; it was beyond understanding—Daniel 8:24-27

Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’” . . . “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear—Jesus Christ, Matthew 13:30, 37-43

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness—Paul, II Thessalonians 2:1-12

Revelation chapters 4-11

2. Judgment seat of Christ

Main Scriptures:
You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written: “‘AS SURELY AS I LIVE,’ SAYS THE LORD, ‘EVERY KNEE WILL BOW BEFORE ME; EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS TO GOD.’” So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God—Paul, Romans 14:10-12 (quoting Isaiah 45:23)

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building. By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames—Paul, I Corinthians 3:9-15

So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive their praise from God—Paul, I Corinthians 4:1-5

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the game goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize—Paul, I Corinthians 9:24-27

So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad—Paul, II Corinthians 5:9-10

Commentary:
Paul taught that every believer will stand before the judgment seat of Christ. The purpose is for each person to give account of his or her stewardship on earth. But, to be clear, this judgment seat (specifically for Christians) determines the gain or loss of rewards; this judgment (or better yet, evaluation) is not about salvation.

Additional Scripture:
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death—Paul, Romans 8:1-2

3. Marriage of the Lamb

Main Scripture:
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him—Paul, II Corinthians 11:2

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) Then the angel said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’” And he added, “These are the true words of God”—Revelation 19:6-9

Commentary:
The wedding ceremony involves Christ and the church in heaven after the judgment seat. Afterward is the singing of the “two songs,” and Christ, the Lamb, receives the seven sealed scrolls.

Additional Scripture:
Revelation chapters 4-5

Earthly Activity:
1. Seven-year tribulation

Main Scripture:
Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him”—Daniel 9:24-27

Revelation chapters 4-19

Commentary:
Daniel prophesied that the Antichrist will sign a seven-year peace treaty with Israel, which will signal the start of the tribulation period. The tribulation is broken up into two equal halves of three and a half years (42 months, or 1,260 days).

a. First half of the tribulation:
(1) The Jewish temple is rebuilt.
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there—Revelation 11:1

(2) A revised Roman Empire emerges.
Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay. In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever—Daniel 2:40-44

After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns. While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully. . . . The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings—Daniel 7:7-8, 24

(3) The earth experiences the seven seal judgments and the seven trumpet judgments (Revelation chapter 6-11:19)

(4) The 144,000 Jewish evangelists share the gospel (Revelation chapter 7).

b. Midpoint of the tribulation (some of the timing of these specific events is disputed, but not the events themselves):
(1) The Russian-Islamic invasion (Gog and Magog of Ezekiel chapters 38-39) of Israel occurs, but the participating nations are decimated by God’s supernatural power.

At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand. He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. He will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Nubians in submission. But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him—Daniel 11:40-45

(2) The Antichrist sees his opening and breaks his covenant with Israel by invading the land.

At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand—Daniel 11:40-41

(3) The Antichrist desecrates the temple (“abomination of desolation”)
He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him”—Daniel 9:27

So when you see standing in the holy place ‘THE ABOMINATION THAT CAUSES DESOLATION,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:15-16 (quoting Daniel 9:27, 11:31, 12:11)

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God—Paul, II Thessalonians 2:1-4

The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. He who has an ear, let him hear—Revelation 13:5-9

(4) The Antichrist is killed or badly wounded and then seemingly resurrected.

He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him—Daniel 11:45

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. . . . Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal head wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hands or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name—Daniel 13:3, 11-17

(5) Satan delivers massive persecution on Israel.

And there was a war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short”—Revelation 12:7-12

Revelation chapter 13

(6) The Antichrist controls the revised Roman Empire (ten-nation confederacy)

The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings—Daniel 7:24

The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast—Revelation 17:12-13
c. Second half of the tribulation: The remaining 42 months (1,260 days) (Revelation 11:2-3) of the “great tribulation” (Matthew 24:21) or “day of the Lord” (Isaiah 2:12; Joel 1:15; Zechariah 14:1; I Thessalonians 5:2) become the darkest and worst experience, unparalleled in human history (Matthew 24:8, 21, 29; Revelation 6:16). The “labor pain” (I Thessalonians 5:3) of the second half increasingly gets worse with the seven bowl judgments (Revelation 15:1-16:21) and the false prophet advancing the mark of the Beast (Revelation 13:11-18) as the Antichrist conquers and rules the world (Daniel 11:42-43; Revelation 13:5, 15-18). The end of the tribulation results in the destruction of Babylon (Revelation 17-18) and the Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:16). Christ returns at his second coming and annihilates the armies gathered in Megiddo (Revelation 19:11-16) to establish His millennial kingdom on Mount Zion (Zechariah 14:4; Revelation 20:4-6).

But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth”—Revelation 11:2-3

For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:21-22

The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. The Lord Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled)—Isaiah 2:11-12

Alas for that day! For the day of the Lord is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty—Joel 1:15

A day of the Lord is coming when your plunder will be divided among you—Zechariah 14:1

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape—Paul, I Thessalonians 5:1-3

All these are the beginning of birth pains. . . . For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. . . . Immediately after the distress of those days ‘THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT; THE STARS WILL FALL FROM THE SKY, AND THE HEAVENLY BODIES WILL BE SHAKEN’—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:8, 21, 29 (quoting Isaiah 13:10, 34:4; Ezekiel 32:7; Joel 2:10, 31; Zephaniah 1:15)

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”—Revelation 6:15-16

While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape—Paul, I Thessalonians 5:3

Seven (7) bowl judgments: Revelation chapters 15-16

The false prophet: Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal head wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hands or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666—Revelation 13:11-18

He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. He will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Nubians in submission—Daniel 11:42-43.

Destruction of Babylon: Revelation 17-18

Battle of Armageddon: Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon—Revelation 16:16

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “HE WILL RULE THEM WITH AN IRON SCEPTER.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS—Revelation 19:11-16 (quoting Psalm 2:9)

Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south—Zechariah 14:3-4

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years—Revelation 20:4-6

2. Seventy-five day interval period:

Main Scripture:
From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days—Daniel 12:11-12

Commentary:
There is a 75-day interval between the second coming of Christ and the official start of the millennial kingdom. This time is necessary to cast the false prophet and the Antichrist into the lake of fire, bind Satan in the abyss, cleanse the temple, judge Israel and the Gentile nations, and resurrect the Old Testament and tribulation saints.

Additional Scriptures:
At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever—Revelation 12:1-3

Israel repartitioned and the new Temple: Ezekiel chapters 40-48

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time—Revelation 19:19-20:3

He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God—Paul, II Thessalonians 2:4

Jesus Christ, Matthew chapter 25

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years—Revelation 20:4

3. Millennial kingdom:

Main Scriptures:
“I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill”—God speaking, Psalm 2:6

This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem: In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore—Isaiah 2:1-4

The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness—Isaiah 33:5

The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. The burning sand will become a pool, the thirsty ground bubbling springs. In the haunts where jackals once lay, grass and reeds and papyrus will grow. And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those who walk in that Way; wicked fools will not go about on it. No lion will be there, nor will any ferocious beast get up on it; they will not be found there. But only the redeemed will walk there, and the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away—Isaiah 35:1-10

The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits (about six miles). And the name of the city from that time on will be: THE LORD IS THERE”—God speaking, Ezekiel 48:35

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years—Revelation 20:4-6

Commentary:
With the reign of Christ on earth for a thousand years, there is complete peace throughout the nations, expansion in agricultural wealth in Israel, economic prosperity, longevity of life, and a deliverance from the effects of the fall of man. Christ’s reign brings holiness, righteousness, and justice to the world.

4. Satan’s last revolt:

Main Scripture:
When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever—Revelation 20:7-10

Commentary:
Satan is released from the bottomless pit and assembles a massive army to destroy Jesus Christ. But Satan is no match for Him and is quickly taken out by fire from heaven and is thrown into the lake of fire with the false prophet and the Antichrist for all eternity.

5. Great white throne judgment:

Main Scripture:
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and everyone was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire—Revelation 20:11-15

Commentary:
This is the final judgment for all sinners, both “great and small,” who rejected Jesus Christ, and they are thrown into the lake of fire.

6. New heaven and new earth:

Main Scripture: Revelation chapters 21-22

Commentary:
The present world, or “old creation,” passes away and the new heaven and new earth are established for all eternity; there is where all the righteous will dwell.

Additional Scriptures:
All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved and the sky rolled up like a scroll; all the starry hosts will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree—Isaiah 34:4

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away—Jesus Christ, Matthew 24:35

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat—II Peter 3:10-12

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea—Revelation 21:1

Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind—God speaking, Isaiah 65:17

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure—Isaiah 66:22

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness—II Peter 3:13

7. New Jerusalem:
The New Jerusalem is the capitol of the new heaven and new earth and is a place where the glory of God will shine forever.

Main Scripture:
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shown with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length (about 1,400 miles), and as wide and high as it is long. He measured its wall and it was 144 cubits thick (about 200 feet), by human measurement, which the angel was using. The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, as pure like transparent glass. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever—Revelation 21:10-22:5

CONCLUSION:
It is the wonder, promise and hope of heaven that made Paul, in the midst of all his tribulations, say this to the church at Corinth: [W]e know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal—Paul, II Corinthians 4:14-18. A heavenly perspective is such a blessing to help balance the trying moments of earth.

Admin
Admin

https://qnaforgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down