Q & A Community Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do prophecies correlate with each other from pre-Christ times to present times (how things are coming together)?

Go down

How do prophecies correlate with each other from pre-Christ times to present times (how things are coming together)? Empty How do prophecies correlate with each other from pre-Christ times to present times (how things are coming together)?

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:52 am

There are two Scripture passages that relate to all time being in God’s hands. The first considers time on earth; Paul spoke it to the audience listening to him on Mars Hill in Athens: From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live—Paul, Acts 17:26. The other focuses on time beyond our lives on earth; King Solomon is thought to have penned these words: He (God) made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men—Ecclesiastes 3:11a. The point? God is completely in charge of everything to do with time, space, mankind and eternity. While it is history to us, it is merely God unfolding His plan, at His time and at His pleasure, toward a conclusion that He has had in place since before the founding of the world. As He said in Isaiah, I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please’—God speaking, Isaiah 46:10. Daniel praised God for His control over all times and seasons: Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him—Daniel 2:19b-22. In the New Testament, God the Son reiterated the mastery and the sovereignty God the Father has over all times; in his final words to the disciples prior to His ascension and return to heaven, Jesus said: It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority—Jesus Christ, Acts 1:7. What the Bible makes clear is that God is in charge, and the prophecies He has shared are for Him moments that He knows as if they have already occurred. While we are given some information, and certainly “signs of the times” for which to look, we also live seeking opportunities to share the wonders of His life and love, and the salvation He is eager to share with everyone in the world.

Admin
Admin

https://qnaforgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down