Q & A Community Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think the two people in the square praying during the Rapture were Enoch and Elijah, since Christ said all people need to die twice to enter heaven? In Revelation 11:3, it mentions 2 witnesses. Do we know who they are going to be or are they symbo

Go down

Do you think the two people in the square praying during the Rapture were Enoch and Elijah, since Christ said all people need to die twice to enter heaven?  In Revelation 11:3, it mentions 2 witnesses. Do we know who they are going to be or are they symbo Empty Do you think the two people in the square praying during the Rapture were Enoch and Elijah, since Christ said all people need to die twice to enter heaven? In Revelation 11:3, it mentions 2 witnesses. Do we know who they are going to be or are they symbo

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:42 am

We often think of the end times, specifically the Great Tribulation, as a time of God’s vengeance upon mankind, as one horrific moment follows another. But actually, the Bible teaches that the end times contain some of God’s greatest evidences of His great love, as He continues to reach out to man with the news of the Gospel. One of the great pictures of that is of two prophets that appear on the scene during the first half (3½ years) of the Tribulation. They are talked about in Revelation 11. They will dress in sackcloth (denoting mourning), prophesy, show amazing miracles, and witness to God’s grace to the most evil culture that has ever existed in history. There is a lot of guessing as to exactly who these two witnesses are. Some believe it to be Enoch and Elijah; others side with Moses and Elijah. Some think Enoch and Elijah because they are the two men in recorded Biblical history never to have died. According to Genesis, When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away—Genesis 5:21-24. In Elijah’s case, As they (Elijah and Elisha) were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his own clothes and tore them apart—II Kings 2:11-12. In both their cases, they did not die. Because of that, some people speculate that fulfilling the roles of the witnesses will cause both of them to experience the death that Revelation foretells. In favor of Moses and Elijah, they were the givers (at least at the human level) of the Law (Moses) and the Prophets (Elijah, who was the first of the writing prophets and even started the school for the prophets). Also in their favor is the fact that it was Moses and Elijah who appeared with Christ at his Transfiguration: After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shown like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus—Matthew 17:1-3 (also Mark 9:2-4 and Luke 9:28-31). Whoever they are, they will have a major impact on Jews understanding and then coming to faith in Christ. Eventually they will be killed by the Antichrist, but then God will miraculously resurrect them and bring them to Himself in heaven.
Regarding people dying twice, the author of Hebrews reminds his readers that man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment—Hebrews 9:27. The only Biblical reference is the “second death” is the Bible using that phrase to illustrate the horrors of the “lake of fire.” As John wrote in Revelation, Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and everyone was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire—Revelation 20:11-15. God Himself reiterates this: It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death—God speaking, Revelation 21:6-8. Again, the word “death” is simply used as a metaphor to describe the incredibly different state of being between heaven and hell. Everyone in both places will never have been more alive. They will have consciousness and emotion, and total sensory awareness—feeling everything that they experience for eternity.

Admin
Admin

https://qnaforgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down